Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Ghost Rider and Judge Dredd


While Dredd was not a huge financial success, the film was well regarded among fans and has become somewhat of a cult hit.  Every once in a while I will read something about a sequel or perhaps even a TV series to follow it up.  I think that factors like what size budget to use and Karl Urban's availability for the title role must be playing heavily into the decision whether to proceed or not.  Hopefully something will be ironed out, because I would enjoy seeing the further adventures of a live action Judge Dredd.

8 comments:

Andyhac said...

Excellent!!!

Jay Johnson said...

Now you've got me wondering what the Earth-STF version of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is like. At one time or another all of the Bat-folks have had bikes, as have Wolverine and Cap, along with Lobo, Motorcycle Samurai, the Sons of Anarchy, etc.

Wolfhammer said...

Nice one Ross. Gotta love those bikes.

With Valentines day approaching I was thinking of a JACK OF HEARTS and DC's CUPID meeting. Would it be romance or conflict?

Ross said...

Jay, Check out the STF Team "Rolling Thunder"...

Anonymous said...

Personally, I prefer the semi-campy Sly Stallone version over the remake. Re: today's cover? I think Vin Diesel as "The Last Witch Hunter" would've been a more fitting antagonist.

But, that's just me! :-)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Keith Urban IS Judge Dredd for me, more so than that horrible Stallone movie. Stallone's version did have a brief cameo appearance by the ABC Warriors though. But yeah, overall Urban's version was the one I wanted to see a sequel to.

As for the cover, hell yeah, an actual team-up with Dredd and GR VS. The evil Judges.....DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

The superiority of the remake to the Stallone original is just that...an Urban legend.

X-D

Anonymous said...

Who is Keith Urban?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!